Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Letter to Mike Rosenfield: Short-Notice Charity Cycling Campaigns


Hi Mike,

I'm glad Jenn introduced you. Well, short-notice fund-raising...??? I think you should consider setting up an account with KIVA.ORG - A micro-lending, non-profit organization, then you set out to make a Facebook group and Website about your tour in Japan. I haven't even started the charity fund-raising yet, as I am training for the big ride in 2012 and getting media attention well in advance. Kiva is simple, and you can raise money in Korea with a few poker tournaments or other activities, but on short-notice, it won't be easy. You want the message out there, and you should canvass all your friends and family to make a small donation. Later, when you finish the tour, you can take the funds in the Kiva account, and loan them to various entrepreneurs in developing countries, I think this is your best strategy on short notice! Keep me posted on your cycling and charity campaign, & I wish you an excellent bike journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment